How would you like to lead a team of talented Front End Developers on a massive multi-million pound E-commerce revamp project? Are you ready to play an integral part in the digital transformation of this Telco giant
About the Front End Technical Lead role
As a Technical Lead you will be leading a fast-paced dynamic team of talented Front End Developers from all levels. You will stay close to the code, carrying out code reviews and advising on the best development practices for your direct reports, ensuring that all code is up to standard. You will have an integral part in my client's massive digital transformation and you will leading a new in-house capability. Your role as a leader will be vital to the success of this multi-million pound revamp project.
- Shape, define and manage the future technology roadmap to support and drive innovation within the digital development team
- Be the main interface with non-technical stakeholders by understanding, capturing and challenging requirements, and translating these into feasible solutions that fit the overall digital team's roadmap
- Lead, manage, coach and inspire a growing team of software engineers, ensuring each member is high performing
- Take accountability for on-time delivery of high quality projects, managing the production and delivery of the digital team's roadmap
- Provide support, guidance and challenge to non-technical business stakeholders
- Manage the balance between addressing immediate business needs and delivering innovative new products
- Keep the digital development team engaged and focused on delivery
- Foster a work culture that enhances the development and retention of talented technology staff
- Support and encourage Agile principles within the team
- Work alongside the Production Manager in resource management across the team
Skills and Expertise
- Strong management background: proven experience in running and managing development teams in a fast-paced Agile environment
- Exceptional communicator and collaborator - you will need to be able to communicate effectively and influence multiple stakeholders and colleagues across technical departments to support a single end to end delivery goal
- Expert knowledge in software development - both Front End and Back End, coding standards (W3C and WCAG 2.0), code reviews and source code management (SVN and GIT)
- Experience in identifying and mitigating technical, resourcing and stakeholder related risks
- Experience using JIRA, preferably with admin level knowledge, such as workflow management and keeping technical documentation in a centralized repository.
About the Company
My client is already a world-renowned telecommunications company and in the past few years they have decided to completely and utterly embrace digital. Their vision is to build out a new in-house capability which will rival the likes of their global competitors. This company has grown incredibly and they are now looking for a Technical Manager who has a passion for implementing the latest technologies so they can provide a better service to their millions of customers around the nation.
They have an amazing working environment. They are based in the heart of Central London and at the centre of Front End Development. They have a dynamic and fast-paced, agency-like feel and their employees have the opportunity to work with a variety of projects and a plethora of codebases. As a company, they champion you as an individual and any tangible suggestions you might have about technology. This is a company in which you can grow your career to new heights and it would stand out as a gold mark on anyone's career history.
- Car allowance
- Employee discounts
To apply for this Front End Technical Lead role, please email your CV to me, Lucy Mudie on (see below) and quote reference number: 14911