My client is looking for a qualified accountant to join their team to help with data analysis within a transformation project.
The firm is undergoing a change program which will introduce new tools to the users allowing for consolidation of results and driving efficiency's. We have identified the Disclosures program within Global Markets as one of the candidates for simplification and would like to perform a "gap-analysis" between current BAU and future state infrastructure.
WHATS ON OFFER:
CONTRACT: 6 months
- Participate in the strategic transformation taking place across Global Markets infrastructure and utilise that knowledge to streamline the Firm's reporting requirements
- Understand the various financial disclosures being submitted and the complexity in preparation and reporting.
- Engage constructively with various teams across the transformation project and the controllers group.
- Identify the list of all disclosures by preparer, reviewer, submitter, Line of Business, Legal Entity, Frequency of submission, deadline, recipient, etc.
- Summarise the analysis to be able to identify the Most Valuable Product(MVP)
- Engage with Finance leadership and build consensus on approach and decision
- Deconstruct the MVP for its building blocks by coordinating with all stakeholders
- Reconstruct MVP using inputs from the data set within the transformation program
- Identify gaps, if any, which prevents reconstruction of MVP
- Socialise and resolve the gaps within agreed timeline to enable MVP reconstruction
- Prepare a Business requirements document for the technology team to automate MVP
- Qualified Accountant
- Strong Excel skills with the ability to build and use spreadsheets
- Investment banking experience
- Data mining experience
- Project experience
- Understanding of balance sheet and disclosers
- Comfortable working on new platforms to retrieve and analyze data